Medical Assistant Needed In Canada
Medico-legal Services’ (MLS) core function is to provide members with general medico-legal advice, and assistance in responding to College and hospital matters and legal actions arising from their medical professional work. The department delivers services in keeping with the CMPA’s commitment to members, aligned with offering caring and meaningful support and providing an outstanding member experience. The department is also responsible for coordinating the Council Committees related to case management: Case Review Committee, Case Review Committee – Quality Assurance.
Salary: $48,968 – $68,555 a year – Full-time, Permanent
The bilingual Medical-Legal Assistant (MLA) provides high quality administrative support to Physician Advisors in the Medico-legal Services (MLS) department. Specifically, the MLA assists the Physician Advisors in the effective and efficient management/monitoring, review and maintenance of medical legal case files and ultimately, in the delivery of core services to CMPA members. The MLA plays a key role in ensuring that CMPA medical legal files and various other types of records are created and/or maintained in an accurate, appropriate and timely fashion. Key activities include transcription, document editing, and electronic document review and management, document analysis and data capture, and outgoing calls to members. Information of a highly confidential and sensitive nature is involved and the work must be performed in a discrete, accurate and efficient manner. The job is performed in a team environment and within the scope of the Association’s policies and procedures.
READ :- Farm Workers Urgently Needed In Canada With Visa Sponsorship
- Provide high-quality administrative support to the Physician Advisors and Senior Physician Advisors
- Prioritize case management workload (i.e. transcription, editing, legal correspondence, case file maintenance).
- Transcribe and/or edit dictations with medical terminology.
- Collaborate with Legal Case Administrators (LCA) on administrative maintenance for all civil legal cases.
- Cross-departmental collaboration on the management of all files.
- Manage most correspondence received from members and law firms.
- Initiate appropriate letters to provincial counsel regarding changes to key file information.
- Contact members, via phone or email, as required or requested by Physician Advisors.
Contribute to special projects and other duties as required (e.g. updating procedures, testing, working groups, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or certificate program (2-3 years) in a related field such as Office Administration
- 4 to 6 years’ experience working in a medical office or similar setting
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic knowledge of legal terminology is an asset
- Training and/or work related experience in editing/proof reading
- Experience transcribing medical texts via dictaphone or dictation software
- Experience working in reception and/or a call centre is an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Verbal and written proficiency in both official languages (English and French) is required
Advanced editing/proof reading skills
- Ability to quickly and accurately transcribe and edit medical legal dictations and enter data into a database
- Ability to exercise judgement and handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Advanced computer skills; knowledge of word processing software, electronic scheduling system, electronic file management software and databases required; knowledge of dictation software an asset
- Advanced organizational skills with ability to multi-task essential
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment essential.
- Good telephone manner. Diplomacy, professionalism, discretion
Data entry experience.
- Typing 50 words per minute
Job Type: Two regular full-time positions available on our bilingual team due to new headcounts.
Salary Range: $48,968 to $68,555 annually – classified as a level 6
Location: Fully Remote job, working from a home-based office anywhere in the provinces of Ontario and Québec
Leave a Reply